About Me

My Photo
Kim
Hi! I'm Kim- a wife, momma, daughter, sister, friend. I love UK, going out for a good glass of wine, cooking, spending too much time on pinterest, and making new memories. I love my life and you're welcome to read about it!
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Living room makeover

So, remember when I told you I sent back our brand new living room furniture? Yeah, well I did. But we got our new-new living room furniture in a couple of weeks ago and it put me in the mood to do some rearranging. Here is a very... ummm... child like rendition of our living room before and after the rearranging. Bare with me people... 


You see that big space to the left of the chair... I just felt like it was way too empty. (and please note that these pictures are not to scale :P)  So after I did some rearranging it looked more like this...


 That big question mark is a "Why in the world is there that much space there" kind of question mark because in real life it's not really like that. The new layout may look more cramped but it really defines the room and space so much better than to have it open and looking like the furniture doesn't fill the space.

There is still a long way to go but I finally feel like I have a plan and am sticking to it. Our room is Van Courtland from Benjamin Moore and it has a lot of white trim and crown molding. The book cases I am bringing in to the after picture will be painted white with a neutral background color.




Throw in this ottoman and fabric for curtains and I think I just may love my living room... finally!




Sheew... this post took a lot of hard work with the picture uploading. Let me know your thoughts on the whole thing!

0 comments: