About Me

My Photo
Kim
Hi! I'm Kim- a wife, momma, daughter, sister, friend. I love UK, going out for a good glass of wine, cooking, spending too much time on pinterest, and making new memories. I love my life and you're welcome to read about it!
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Are You There Followers, It's me Kim

Yeah I know. Long time no type. But to say I have been down and out and a little crazy busy is an understatement. Last week I woke up on Wednesday morning with a fever and a back that hurt like the dickens. It seriously felt like someone had taken a sledge hammer to the small of my back. I knew immediately what it was. You see, I used to work at a daycare and I also used to teach 3rd grade and every year, those boogery kids would give me strep throat and every time I had the same symptoms.

So enter last Sunday when I started volunteering with my church's nursery and it was my very first time keeping the crazy boogery 1 year olds. One kid even felt the need to wipe her snot on the lanyard around my neck. So I really shouldn't have been surprised on Wednesday when I woke up to those all too familiar symptoms. I went to the doctor and she put me on a z-pak pronto. You see, I had no time to be getting sick and I needed to kick it in the butt asap.

My best friends wedding was Saturday, which I was in, so that meant all out wedding mode for Friday and Saturday. Can you see why I had no time to lay on the couch and pout and have my husband bring me stuff? Oh wait, I have time for that everyday... I meant be sick. I had no time to be sick.

Fortunately, I was feeling good by Friday just in time for the bridesmaid brunch, rehearsal, and dinner. The not so great part was that by the end of the long day, I was starting to sound more and more like an 80 year old man that smoked 3 packs a day! Not attractive. By Saturday my voice was gone completely which was no bueno while spending the day with 15 crazy girls and not being able to join in on the hilarity that occurred. I am sure my husband loved it though... you know, not being able to hear my voice for about 48 hours straight...

Anyway, somewhat better now. The wedding was GORGEOUS and my friends day was perfect! Stay tuned for pics!

0 comments: