About Me

My Photo
Kim
Hi! I'm Kim- a wife, momma, daughter, sister, friend. I love UK, going out for a good glass of wine, cooking, spending too much time on pinterest, and making new memories. I love my life and you're welcome to read about it!
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

DIY?- Cuz I Gotta

Too much cheese? Yeah but I couldn't resist!

Let me share with you the little gem I found on craigslist. I knew immediately I wanted it because I had been searching for some type of china cabinet for a long time. I also knew I wanted one that I could paint and transform into something beautiful. The great part is I suckered my mom into buying it for me for my birthday coming up. :) Score.
This is how it went down:
Me: "Mom, if you love me you will buy me a china cabinet for my birthday. Or just because I am a wonderful daughter."
Mom: "Well I guess."
Guilt trips work.
Now that I think about it I don't know whether the I guess was that she loved me or that she would buy it for me.  Probably both but I did get the cabinet so I don't know what that tells me. Just kidding! My mom super loves me!


I love the details at the bottom and the top has clean lines. The inside has two shelves that need a little TLC but nothing that I can't handle.

Here are some eye candies to get my inspiration flowin'.

         
             

What I love about all of these is they have charm and a pop of color. My kitchen and dining room are very neutral so I want that pop of color on my cabinet. I am thinking of painting the outside a blue sea green and then the inset a marscopone cream. I think it will look perfect housing my jadeite dishes that I have started collecting. 


 Swoon. That just might be the prettiest thing ever. I am going to try and start on this project this weekend and let you know how it turns out. I might even guilt my mom into coming over to help. I've never ever tackled a project like this but I figure if I screw it up then it's nothing a little paint remover can't handle, right?
    

0 comments: