About Me

My Photo
Kim
Hi! I'm Kim- a wife, momma, daughter, sister, friend. I love UK, going out for a good glass of wine, cooking, spending too much time on pinterest, and making new memories. I love my life and you're welcome to read about it!
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Weekend Recap.

I've been trying to post this for days but for some reason our home computer is putting up a fight. Grrrr. As you know, last week the hubs and I took some days off of work to relax and enjoy some of the things happening around the city during Derby week. It was much needed but went by way too fast. Boo.

On Thursday we woke up and decided to catch the matinee of Water for Elephants.



It was fantastic. I was honestly a bit hesitant because I read this book about 4 years ago and it quickly became one of my favorite books of all time. I loved it which means that surely you are going to be disappointed in the Hollywood remake, right? Wrong! From what I can remember this movie was pretty spot on which makes me happy. The hubs even enjoyed it too (even though he wanted to be all macho and just say it was alright).

Of course I set my alarm for 4:00 am on Friday to watch the Royal Wedding! How could I not, it's history people! It just felt cool to be tuned in with the whole world to watch it go down. I loved seeing all the hats and fascinators and I must say that English men really know how to wear a suit. I think I like the English version a bit better than the American one. Case in point. American vs. English.




Ok, that might be a bad example because he looks great in both. But you get my point. The English version is just more fancy. I dig it. The highlight though was anticipating Kate's dress and she didn't disappoint. She was gorgeous and conveyed everything that a princess should mixing classic and modern and staying true to who she is.


image via OK Magazine

She got it just right and it was worth waking up insanely early to see those two get married. I have to say my favorite part was when William and Harry were standing with their backs to her as she was walking up the aisle and they kept turning around to look at her. Then when she stood beside William at the alter you can read his lips when he said "You look really beautiful". I die. So sweet. I also loved that he leaned in toward her father and said "This was supposed to be a small family affair". He's got a sense of humor to boot. I love fairy tales (and yes I believe in them... I totally got mine).

After I took a nap, it turned out be a beautiful day so we ventured to the Chow Wagon on the Louisville Waterfront. They had to move it this year due to the high river water but it was still the same ole' greasy carny food that I adore! We sat down with some good drinks and a funnel cake and enjoyed some music. It was heaven. Lucky for you that it is still going on all this week and you can go get some good food and listen to some great free concerts. 

Here is what I mean by high river. This is a picture that we snapped on my phone while taking a little walk downtown on Thursday. Just look how high that water is on that lamp post/street sign. Yowzers.



Here is a sneak peek at what we did on Saturday. You only get a glimpse because I am pretty sure the hubs deserves an entire post dedicated to his greatness. That'll come later.



For the rest of the day Saturday and Sunday we started and worked on some house projects that I am loving. Too bad we hit a few snags that extended the time to get them done. What originally started as a weekend project has turned into a 3 week project. We aren't procrastinators or anything :) But I'll have to share those when they are finished... they're almost there.

All in all we had a fantastic weekend just doing what we wanted to do. We all need more extended weekends like that, don't you think?

0 comments: