About Me

My Photo
Kim
Hi! I'm Kim- a wife, momma, daughter, sister, friend. I love UK, going out for a good glass of wine, cooking, spending too much time on pinterest, and making new memories. I love my life and you're welcome to read about it!
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Justice

This might be a confusing post but I am going to try to get out some thoughts. This may even come out a little nonsensical anyway because I'm a little conflicted at the moment. I am sure we all know about the news that came from President Obama last night... it was BIG news. Admittedly I didn't know until this morning while I was getting ready for work but I will say that my first thoughts were that of happiness and some sense of relief. Immediately people are stating that the world is now a better place because Osama is dead. That, as Americans, we should feel pride and some sense of accomplishment that we got our revenge for Sept 11th. It wasn't until I was reading a friends comments on Facebook that I really felt guilt over those feelings. In her post she simply asked that we think about Proverbs 24:17-18 which states "Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, And do not let your heart be glad when he stumbles; Or the Lord will see it and be displeased, And turn His anger away from him." This verse literally put me in my place and how awesome is it that God puts people in your path to make you think. Why is it that we rejoice when a brother comes to know Christ but are still rejoicing when we know that someones heart was lost and not with the Lord? That breaks my heart. Yes, Osama was a bad person and I am not denying that. Yes, the world might be a bit safer but my safety is still not guaranteed.
Bottom line is this... it is done. I understand the feelings of many across America. I just ask that you stop and think of this perspective too.

*EDIT: Please take the time to click here and read THIS post. It conveys exactly what I am trying to say...only way better and much more in depth. This post rocks.

0 comments: