About Me

My Photo
Kim
Hi! I'm Kim- a wife, momma, daughter, sister, friend. I love UK, going out for a good glass of wine, cooking, spending too much time on pinterest, and making new memories. I love my life and you're welcome to read about it!
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Shocked!!

IT'S A BOY!


Yesterday, Nick and I went for our ultrasound at 19 weeks. I was convinced we were having a girl... in like, I had already picked out outfits to buy, names, nursery colors, the works. I had visions of headbands and knitted leg warmers and blonde curls. Boy, (oh, boy) was I wrong!
When we got there, the ultrasound tech asked if we wanted to find out the gender and we of course said YES! I told her I was positive it was a girl and even told her the name we had picked out.
She started by examining the organs and measuring the brain and heart... she was really zoomed in with the camera so it was kind of hard to tell what everything was without listening to her. Out of nowhere she just announced "There's the penis!" UMMM EXCUSE ME? I started laughing and crying and I may have even asked if she was sure. Yep, she was sure!
Nick is beyond excited and so am I. I really have always wanted a boy first (since I have an older brother) but I just had it in my head that it was a girl. After the appointment I wanted to go buy some cute clothes... something finally for the baby since we hadn't bought anything up until this point.
Trying to find cute baby boy clothes is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. If anyone has any recommendations on where to buy cute boy clothes, please feel free to let me know!

So it is back to the drawing board with nursery ideas. I can't wait to start on his room and I can't wait for him to get here! Only 145 more days!

2 comments:

Anonymous

Yay! so happy for you all!

Stover's site

I know you don't know me... I'm a friend of Rachie Webb's... and I stalk her friends' blogs. :-) But, I have two boys, and I've managed to find some cute stuff. My personal fav is Janie and Jack in Oxmoor mall. A bit pricey, but OH SO CUTE!!!!