About Me

My Photo
Kim
Hi! I'm Kim- a wife, momma, daughter, sister, friend. I love UK, going out for a good glass of wine, cooking, spending too much time on pinterest, and making new memories. I love my life and you're welcome to read about it!
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, April 22, 2011

Oreo Cupcakes

*side note: for some reason I have to resist the urge to name all of my posts like friends episodes. For instance this post should be properly titled: The one where she bakes...   moooovvvinnng onnnnn.......*

One thing you might not know about me is that I love to cook and bake. If I have to be totally honest I love to make things that people are impressed by (don't judge!) because it makes me feel good when people enjoy something that I have made for them. I come from a family of GREAT cooks. My great grandmother would pull her own candy and spread it out on her marble countertops. She would make the best desserts and dinners for people which unfortunately were lost when she passed away because she didn't write down any of her recipes. Drats. But that doesn't mean we haven't tried to recreate some of her best. This recipe certainly wasn't hers, but I made these cupcakes for work and for my husbands boss. They look delicious and tasted great too!




The first time I made these cupcakes I followed this recipe from Annies Eats. The cupcake base was more dense and I think it held up better with the oreo bits inside. For some reason though I had trouble with the foil wrappers sticking to the sides.. anyone else have this trouble? This time I needed to save time so I opted to use a boxed cake mix in Chocolate Fudge. I still placed a half oreo in the botton and cut up oreo pieces in the batter. YUM! For the icing I used this vanilla buttercream from My Sweet and Saucy and then added oreo crumbs to the icing at the end. I finished it with mini oreos!
A lot of the time I will just get an idea and google the recipe... sometimes putting different parts of different recipes together to make a new one. I have found some wonderful go-to recipe blogs in the process. But that will be another post for another day...



Oh, and you should go check out all the cupcakes at Annie's Eats. They look so good and it is my goal to one day tackle all of them.... so please give me an excuse to make some!

0 comments: