About Me

My Photo
Kim
Hi! I'm Kim- a wife, momma, daughter, sister, friend. I love UK, going out for a good glass of wine, cooking, spending too much time on pinterest, and making new memories. I love my life and you're welcome to read about it!
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, December 3, 2012

5 Months



Weight: At his 4 month well check he was almost 15 pds so I would assume he is probably 15.5 or 16 by now. This boy loves food and it shows.

Health: He is generally really healthy as far as sickness is concerned. Nothing to report there. He does have a deep hemangioma on his left shoulder that we have to get looked at by a plastic surgeon. We will know more options then on whether he needs surgery or if we can wait it out.

Sleep: No complaints here. Whatsoever. I think we might have been blessed with the best sleeper ever. This kid loves to sleep and he has slept through the night since he was 6 weeks old. Even if he wakes up in the middle of the night he doesn't cry; he just talks and plays in his crib until he goes back to sleep. Win.

Social: Sam is much more reserved around new people or large groups of people. I have a feeling he is going to be shy like his mommy and daddy were when they were little. He did great at Thanksgiving with both sides of the family but I did keep him as close as possible to his napping and eating schedule.

Diet: Sam is eating about 7 oz of formula every 3 to 4 hours. We tried oatmeal after his 4 month well check but he started breaking out. We didn't know if it was from that or his detergent so we stopped both and are adding it back in. We will probably try again this weekend.



Clothes: He can fit into some of his 3 month onesies but he wears 6 month clothes the best and even 6-9 month sleepers fit best.

Loves the most: Me and daddy of course! But also anything that he can get a hold of and put in his mouth. This kid thinks everything is edible. But he does love his keys most of all and his monkey lovie. 

Milestones: He has managed the squeal. I hear he gets it honest because Nonna and Poppy said mom used to be able to almost shatter glass with her squeals as a baby.  You aren't really "mobile" yet but you can scoot backwards and around in a circle in order to get what you need to. You can also roll over several times in a row in order to get to a new place but you don't do this as often. You are officially a mover. You do NOT want to lay still on your back for a clothing change or a diaper change... which makes it difficult because momma only has 2 hands (I swear I need 4). AND, you are also starting to hold your own bottle! 



Overall you are the most relaxed and calm baby. You are interested in everything and you love to give me a shy smile all the time. I just love you so much and you amaze me everyday.

Happy 5 months lil' bud.