About Me

My Photo
Kim
Hi! I'm Kim- a wife, momma, daughter, sister, friend. I love UK, going out for a good glass of wine, cooking, spending too much time on pinterest, and making new memories. I love my life and you're welcome to read about it!
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Lent

So here I was, about this time last year, getting all into Lent. Probably not in the way you think, but researching it until I couldn't research it anymore. I wanted to know why, where it came from, why so many people abuse this time that is supposed to be about God. Point. Blank. Period. And honestly, the more I read the Bible and researched the basis for the Lenten season, the more angry I got. I almost wrote a post then, one that would probably have made me sound like a crazy loon, so I didn't . I didn't write it. Sometimes I don't have the words to express exactly how I am feeling.
But the great part this year? I follow some awesome bloggers and when they post or tweet little jewels of blog posts from others that I TOTALLY GET I do a little happy dance and smile really big. This jewel of a post was shared by my fav blogger Katie at Loves of Life and it probably says better what I was so wanting to say last year.
So here is the link to the post you have to go check out. Please. That is all.

*Edit: I originally had this post linked the the blog itself and not the post... so naturally any new posts came up first. I have fixed it and it now goes directly to the post about Lent. If you didn't get a chance to read it before, it is awesome and worth reading!

1 comments:

Kallay

I just happened to be checking out my stats today (totally random) and I saw that you had linked back to my blog! So, I had to come say thank you!

Thank you for the shout out! I think some people got it, and others (as you can tell by the comments) didn't. It's okay though, we can't all agree, what a boring world it would be.

Anyway, thank you again, and I'm so glad you, as a Christian, understood what I was getting at. :) Happy Friday!